It's funny...after I have fallen off the face of the Earth for so long, I never quite know what to say when I come back. I can't tell you how many times I have logged into TypePad and just stared blankly at my computer screen as it stared blankly back at me.
I have a lot of things to say...I really do. I just didn't know how to segue from my silence to my...NOT silence without it seeming awkward. Today presented me with TWO opportunities to jump back into blogging. First thing would be my brand, spanking new camera. I vowed to myself that once I upgraded, I would do my own, personal 365 challenge just to get my creative juices flowing again (and to justify the expense;). Since it was late by the time I got it all unpacked and my batteries charged, I will start that tomorrow. Thankfully, my good friend Catey tagged me in a thingy that will force me to write something. :)
Apparently there are rules, but I really suck at following rules so I am going to skip the first and the last rule. You will figure out the middle rules on your own if/when you read this blog post. I swear, I will be surprised if anyone still comes here.
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I should have been born with red hair. It would have saved me the crap ton of money I have spent on red hair dye over the past 20+ years.
2. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese. It has been my favorite since the beginning of time.
3. I only like the red Skittles.
4. I have lived in Germany for a collective 13 years of my life. I honestly don't think I remember how to fully live like an American.
5. Aside from That Guy I Married and My Minions, I am most passionate about childbirth. Because none of my births were THE birth I wanted them to be, I have made it my mission as a doula to help other women achieve the births that THEY want to achieve.
6. My favorite beverage is Bitter Lemon (although Orangina is a close second).
7. I have lived 4 hours from Paris for almost a decade and have never seen the Eiffel Tower.
8. My favorite physical feature is totally a person's eyes.
9. I have only ever danced with my husband once in the 18 years we have been together.
10. I pretend like I am a rock star when I play Guitar Hero with my kids.
11. I am not a morning person AT ALL.
11 Random Things Catey wants to know about me:
1. What is your most embarrassing moment? Oh gosh...my 16th birthday. A closet. An unclothed boyfriend. My mother. I will spare you the details.
2. Biggest pet peeve? People who pass judgment on others based on generalizations.
3. Are you OCD about anything? If so, what? This would be a much shorter answer if you were asking what I am NOT OCD about. I am actually particular about most things, to an unhealthy degree. I am happiest in a clean and organized space, but I have a husband and four kids so nothing is ever as clean as I would like for it to be nor is it usually where it belongs. I have learned to just deal with the mess and enjoy my children while they are still living with me because I know that won't last forever.
4. Celebrity Crush? Brad Pitt...circa Legends of the Fall.
5. What was the best vacation you've ever taken? Italy with two of my best friends.
6. If you could have one superpower what would it be? Mind control. heh
7. Biggest Fear? Having something bad happen to my kids.
8. What was the last thing you ate? A handful of Pretzel M&M's
9. You have 24 hours to do whatever you want. What do you do? Sleeeeeeep...
10. What is your favorite blog to read? This one.
11. Greatest accomplishment last year? Biggest goal this year? This might seem sad, but I don't think I accomplished anything great last year (unless you can consider "continuing to breathe" to be greatness). My biggest goal this year isn't really for myself but for two of my kids. Rowan and Ethan were both nominated to attend the National Young Leader's Conference in Washington DC this summer, and I am trying to raise the money to send them there.
11 things I would like to know about you:
1. What is your favorite season, and why?
2. First job?
3. Are you crafty and if so, what do you craft?
4. If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?
5. Do you have any irrational fears or phobias?
6. Are you good at living on a budget and saving money (and if so, tell me your secrets;)?
7. Favorite pet? Are you a dog/cat/bird/reptile/etc person?
8. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
9. What is your biggest regret?
10. What is your favorite book?
11. Can you play any musical instruments (and if so, which ones)?
I am not actually going to tag anyone, but if you happen to read this, I would love to hear your answers:)