Originally posted December 18, 2005.
It is proving to be more of a challenge than I had expected, to weed out most of the meaningless drivel and revive the posts that would even seem remotely relevant. I generally don't edit my flashback posts, but I am going to add a little bit of commentary to this one:)
Wow...who would have thought I would actually stick this thing out for so long??? I mean, when my sister started a Live Journal account for me all those years ago, I totally flaked on it. I think that over the course of 3 years, I might have posted a total of 12 times. I let her down...and ultimately, myself, too. OK...so really, it was not that big of a deal...but I do like to follow through with my commitments, so I am pretty proud of this here blog. In honor of this momentous occasion, I wanted to do something special. Something gimmicky. Something that will annoy the fucking SOCKS off of you, my faithful reader. I am going to do a list. This list is 101 Things I Want For Christmas:)
1) To see my kidlets have a glorious Christmas morning. We have been blessed enough to experience this every year.
2) A Canon Rebel XT...with a Sigma 80-200mm zoom lens:) I have since acquired the Nikon D40...but haven't been able to get myself a zoom lens, just yet.
3) A tripod for said camera. I got one from my Good Friend, Lisa last year for my birthday:)
4) And what the hell...how about a camera bag, too! I have a Tamrac sling style camera bag...I heart it.
5) The cuckoo clock I saw years ago and fell in love with. (it has garden gnomes all around the face of it and one hanging from the pendulum...it was SO cute:) We went to Triberg, in the Black Forest last year and I got an even better cuckoo clock.
6) A new cell phone...mine will only hold a charge for about 10 minutes. I have a cheap-o phone that I paid $20 for. It works just fine.
7) A Puzzle Ring/wedding band from That Guy I Married. Getting jewelry is SO not important to me.
8) An end to all of our financial problems. The end is in sight!
9) A complete set of Pampered Chef Professional Cookware. I actually own a complete set of thier Executive Cookware, now.
10) A good photo quality printer. I would still like to have one of these.
11) A new blog template. I have since moved to a whole, new blog patform.
12) A CD player for my van...all of my tapes are from the 1980's...and while it is (mostly) decent music, they have long ago outlived their life expectancy! I think this might actually be the first thing I got off this ridiculous wish list:)
13) A framed print of VanGoh's Starry Night. Still don't have this one...but I did find a cheap framed print of VanGoh's Cafe Terrace several months back.
14) And a framed print of The Last Supper. Don't have this, yet, either.
15) And for Denotsko...a framed print of the Dogs Playing Poker. I think I would actually rather get him a tapestry instead of a framed print.
16) A new toilet seat for our upstairs bathroom...our kids have destroyed it, undoubtedly by standing on it in order to see themselves more fully in the mirror. As it turns out, we didn't have to replace the whole seat...just the hardware.
17) A new crock pot...since I accidentally fried mine. I got someone's hand-me-down crock pot before they moved back to the USofA.
18) A year's supply of Yankee Candle Company Sage and Citrus 22 oz. Housewarmer jar candles.
19) And their Green Tea and Ginger candles as well. YUM! My tastes have changed, some. In the wintertime I prefer White Barn's Creamy Nutmeg or Raspberry Vanilla and in the summertime I like Yankee Candle's Mango Peach Salsa:)
20) A new pair of Doc Marten 3 eyelet shoes, black. Meh...my old ones are still totally wearable.
21) A breast reduction...and lift:) Well, my weight loss efforts are causing them to shrink...and I will defninitely need that lift when I am done.
22) A tummy tuck. Still on my wish list.
23) And some liposuction, too. (does wanting plastic surgery make me a vain person???) Not so important, really.
24) An elliptical trainer. (if I am going to get my body back...it might be worth it to try and keep it up!) Well, it would be nice to have one...but since all of my kiddos will be in school this fall, I can just go to the gym and use theirs for free!
25) Picture frames...all shapes and sizes. Always need these.
26) A Kitchen Aide stand mixer. Seriously? I never bake.
27) To have all of my tattoos touched up...and to get a new one. Not a priority, but it would be nice.
28) To have my hair dyed by an actual professional hair dresser. I did this two summers ago...and haven't done it, since.
29) To get my toungue pierced. Still want it. Am still pertrified at the idea of having a needle plunged through mt tongue.
30) A Fossil watch. My cell phone has a clock on it...don't really need a watch.
31) A whole bunch of Polish Pottery. (I want to get 8 place settings...each one a different pattern.) Am going to Poland once I the first 10% of my body weight! Only 18 more pounds to go:)
32) A weekend trip to Prague. Would love to be able to do this...just me and That Guy I Married.
33) A mountain bike. Would I ever ride it? Probably not...
34) A Weimeraner puppy. We gor a batshit crazy Border Collie, instead.
35) The complete Monty Python's Flying Circus on DVD. I think we have this...
36) And The Life of Brian. ...and this...
37) And The Holy Grail. ...and this...
38) And all of The Young Ones, too. ...but not this.
39) Bagpipes. What was I thinking???
40) A few acres of land in the northwestern US. Maybe in about 10 years...
41) And to build a log home on said property. ...this, too.
42) A Ruger 9mm semi-automatic pistol. Can't have this while living in Germany.
43) A 19 inch flatscreen monitor. Totally not necessary.
44) For Brian to be miraculously cured of Multiple Sclerosis. Miracles can happen...
45) To have an actual wedding. Maybe for our next anniversary...February 29, 2012:)
46) To know what *really* happened to by best buddy, Todd. His death is still a mystery to me...but I suspect it was self inflicted.
47) Some pretty new bras. Not until I lost this weight!
48) And mathcing panties, too. See above:)
49) For my dear friend, Lisa, who has been struggling with infertility and has suffered two micarraiges over the past year, to have a healthy pregnancy. Dude...she has had TWO healthy pregnancies since I wrote this!!!
50) A music box that plays "Amazing Grace". Nope...
51) To be able to take my kids to Disney World. Maybe we can do Euro Disney, sometime;)
52) And to indulge their every desire while we are there. Like this would ever happen!
53) An Alaskan cruise. Maybe when the kids all move out...
54) A console table and mirror for my entryway. We are likely moving into a bigger house soon...so nope.
55) Knee replacement surgery for my Mom. I think she is a big chicken;)
56) A fully restored 1978 Triumph Spitfire for my Dad. I suppose his Miata will have to suffice;)
57) Another Savannah kitten for my sister...so Minya can have a playmate:) Not so sure she could handle two Wild Cats living in her home!
58) For my neice to get well and to be able to get out of her horrible home environment. Well...she got out of that horible home environment, but will be bringing a new baby into a whole, new horrible home environment within the next few weeks.
59) To be able to adopt a newborn baby. Still my heart's desire...
60) To see all of my "April Mommas" at one time. This group no longer exists...although there are a few whom I would like to get together with:)
61) A week at the beach. Any beach. As long as there is sunshine, and sand and saltwater. Nope...still no beaches in Germany.
62) A gift certificate for Stampin' Up...after making my own Christmas cards this year, I am kind of addicted to making my own greeting cards. I am ashamed at how much of this crap I have collected since then...
63) Round trip airfare for my good friend, Shannon to be able to come and visit me. Germany is NOT the same without you, girl! I have since lost touch with her.
64) A Dyson vaccum. Do they make a 220V version of this???
65) A wine rack. I have a small, hanging wine rack.
66) And enough wine to fill said wine rack. It only holds two bottles...so it's not hard to keep it stocked;)
67) A McCormick's spice rack...fully stocked with all of their spices. I have a whole cabinet full of spices...not sure a rack would even be able to help me, now! heh
68) A rug for my dining room...we have nice tile floors, but it's winter time...and those fuckers are COLD! A rug under the dining room table would be a really bad plan...
69) To finish my degree in nursing and to be accepted to midwifery school. Still on the back burner. Not sure if I am going to actually do this. I might have other ideas...
70) Once I am a bonafide CNM, to go to a 3rd world country and volunteer to provide prenatal care and deliver babies. Could still serve them...just as a doula instead of a midwife.
71) DAMN...who would have thought it would be so hard to actually think of 101 things that I want???
72) I mean, I already feel ridiculously greedy for coming up with so many!
73) And now I am really out of ideas!
74) Maybe I should ask Santa for World Peace.
75) Or an end to poverty.
76) And hunger.
77) Or the cure for AIDS.
78) Or for protection for all of the children who have suffered abuse at the hands of an adult.
79) And all of the women who have ever been a victim of rape.
80) I mean, those are the things that really matter, right??
81) I am sure that we all go through periods of lust over this or that material possession.
82) I know I do...
83) But really, if I could have anything at all, I would just want for every person in every nation to have equal opportunity to pursue their own destiny...
84) And their own happiness.
85) SHEESH...how can I not be to #101 yet???
86) Anyway, I hope that during this holiday season,
87) That you all are lucky enough to enjoy the time with family,
88) And friends.
89) And that you are all able to hold the true spirit of this time of year close to your heart.
90) Whether you are a Christian, a Muslim, a Pagan or an Athiest...whatever your religious affiliation, I think we can all agree that this time of year, above all others, is set aside to truly appreciate your life and everything in it.
91) And to share with those who are less fortunate than yourself.
92) And a little Gluhwein doesn't hurt.
93) Nothing quite warms me from the inside out as a piping hot cup of Gluhwein.
94) Not even all of this mushy stuff.
95) But I really did mean everything I said.
96) Even though I am in the midst of completely destroying this post.
97) That's what I get for forcing this many thoughts out of my head at one time.
98) A clusterfuck.
99) That's exactly what this post is.
100) A clusterfuck.
101) Have a Happy Holiday Season, y'all. ummm...Happy 4th of July:) heh